OTA Antenna HELP!

rgarbonzo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Oregon, Oh
Alright guys I'm stuck, I have the Winegard antenna and I live in an apt building. Everything was great until my apt manager told me I had to take down the antenna because it went over the roof line (I live on the 3rd floor). So now I can't get any locals because all the towers are blocked by my building. I live 6 mi away from the farthest tower anyone know what might be a good antenna? I've tried the RCA indoor but to no avail. Football season is coming up and I just GOTTA watch the NFL in HD. Please help!

rgarbonzo said:
Alright guys I'm stuck, I have the Winegard antenna and I live in an apt building. Everything was great until my apt manager told me I had to take down the antenna because it went over the roof line (I live on the 3rd floor). So now I can't get any locals because all the towers are blocked by my building. I live 6 mi away from the farthest tower anyone know what might be a good antenna? I've tried the RCA indoor but to no avail. Football season is coming up and I just GOTTA watch the NFL in HD. Please help!

Did you run it straight into the antenna module with out the diplexer it will work if it is hooked up right.

Tyork

Try a set top antenna.

Radio Shack has some. A friend of mine is using one, and he's 10 miles from the closest tower. (Of couse, it depends on transmit power and terrain, not just distance)

Good luck, and welcome to the forum. :)

The Square Shooter has been reported to perfom well with reflected signals if there is another building near by. Maybe if the manager is a dude you could just show him some HD sports and tell him he's welcome to come over for some football if he can let you leave it up.

My vote is for the silver sensor, unless you can get the SS to point at the station on an outside wall.

Thanks for the info, I've tried running the indoor RCA straight into the box w/o the diplexer, it's just that I can't seem to get a good signal lots of freezeups. I'll give the silver sensor a try and maybe get Voom to upgrade me to the SS JIC

Okay just on a whim I grabbed the winegard and put it on top of the tv. No diplexer (gotta get more RG6) and I now get all the OTA except ch 24. I live in an apt so if you are in apt and can't put up a aerial try this out... it works for me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)