OTA Antenna need in Salinas, CA

biggestdave

Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
I am anxiously awaiting my 942 receiver from Dish Network and would like to see if anyone has experience with OTA antenna's in Salinas, CA? I know we have both VHF and UHF digital feeds and would like a compact, one antenna solution. My zip code is 93905 and I have clear views of both mountains broadcasting into the valley from my patio/living room. Any input will be appreciated.

Dave

No local input from me, but...

Checking out antennaweb.org, you're yellow for all but KNTV-DT, and all your frequencies are >= 10.

I would check out a silver sensor first, as it's been known to get 10 and above, especially with your distances. Value Electronics (site sponsor) has them. Good el-cheapo shot, and if it works, you're set.

Dave,
It's been a few years since I was down that way. I filled in for another contractor who had to take some time off. I was installing for a wireless cable co that used OTA's for the local chanels. They had me installing omni-directional because the transmitters were in different directions. This may have changed and or the stations you want may be in one direction..I'd sure ask before plunking down $$...just my thoughts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts