OTA Antenna Orientation ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
Howdy, Folks! Not sure where to post this one...

Antenna.org has a great means of telling you what stations are available OTA to your location, what kind of antenna you need, and where to point it. They give the direction as "Compass Orientation". I take that to mean the bearings are in relation to magnetic north vs. true north. Can anyone confirm that for me...?

Tks and BRgds...

Last edited:
Tks, oljim!

But that's where it gets dicey! What's "best signal"? Unfortunately I don't have any kind of signal strength tester, RDF, or other means to determine whether I'm receiving a primary signal or multipath. See my other thread on this topic:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59030

Since the digital signals I'm trying to receive are all co-located with their analog partners, I'm trying to use the analog signals (which I do receive to some extent) to try to pinpoint the digital sources as well. But all analog signals except 2 are fair to poor at best. And I don't know the gain pattern for my particular antenna so I may be pointing a secondary lobe toward the "best" source.

Except for a very brief period (lasted about 2 days earlier this month), I have had no luck getting 4 subchannels to lock again, hence my original question. I still have lots to try, but I may need help that's looking more likely to be beyond my ability.

Tks for looking at my post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts