OTA Antenna "pass thru" on 722

wannaknowitall

Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Recently went HD with a 722 and a 612. I pay for the HD locals cause Dish Tech said I'd receive no program info in my Guide for OTA channels.

On the chance my receivers crap out, I wanted to have my locals programmed into my TV's through my rooftop antenna connection - which is run through my receivers at the "TV in" and goes to my TVs on Rf along with the "SAT out" via HDMI.

On the 612, with the SAT receiver off, attached TVs get the OTA locals beautifully through the RF connection.

On the 722, I'm connected with RF and HDMI out same as above. But, when I do a television scan for locals through the RF connection with the receiver off, all I pick up is very snowy analog reception - no digitals. The SAT receiver will do a channel scan and pick up all my digital locals just great, but in order to watch local programming, the receiver has to be on.

Is this a difference between the 722 and 612 handling of OTA antenna feeds? And by the way, my scanned locals on my 722 DO provide programming info in the guide - contrary to Tech Support's statement.

The 722 does not have RF pass through. You need to split the OTA Antenna before you ook to 722 and run to TV.

You have info in your guide for your OTAChannels because you are subscribing to locals from DISH. If you don't subscribe to locals you get no guide info for OTA.

Neither receiver provides pass thru, you would need split the ota signal before going into the HD receivers and send that to the other tv's keep in mind that the tv would need a digital tuner to have OTA HD locals after Feb 19th. HDMI will not pass the ota signal thru. Also, the csr is correct, you do not receive guide info for ota if you do not subscribe to the Dish supplied local package for your area. If you subscribe (as you stated you do), you then will receive the guide info (again as you said, you do.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)