OTA Antenna question

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
I have a very nice Channelmaster OTA antenna on my roof and I get about 20+ channels but can not get my local CBS channel even though its not really a weak signal. I have tried everything and it only comes in if the weather is just right. I do have trees in front of it but I get weak obscure channels but not the network CBS (Rochester, NY) I have an amplifier but not until it gets into the house where there is a electrical plug so the signal has to run about 20-25 feet before it hits the amplifier. I have been reading that the preamp should be near the antenna but I have no electrical plug near it so that is why I put it in the house. Does anyone know of a work around and if it works best near the antenna instead of in the house? I really love the OTA idea, better pic, great channels and no cost. Would like to cut the cord but cant till I resolve this. Thanks in advance.

You should get a pre-amp and mount it as close to your antenna as you can. the power inserter can be inside the house where you have access to an outlet. check out the RCA TVPRAMP1Z. That's what I use. Can be had for $25 bucks or so at Lowes

Reactions: harshness
Well I think you should get a nice channel Master 7777 or the. 7778 mast mount amp with Rg6u 18 gage solid copper with the channel master antenna u will receive just look at your tvfool report well good luck and have a good day

We need more information not just generalizations about what you have. What model Channel Master antenna do you have? What is brand and model amplifier that you are using? Run a www.tvfool.com report to clarify what channels are available? How high above roof is the antenna mounted?

Well Robertip what type channel master antenna are you useing ,and how hi is the antenna forum the ground up ,is the antenna inside or outside i recommend that you should give us a tvfool .com report so that we can all help you to receive channel's at their Best with the antenna you have thank you and have a good day

I have a very nice Channelmaster OTA antenna on my roof and I get about 20+ channels but can not get my local CBS channel even though its not really a weak signal. I have tried everything and it only comes in if the weather is just right. I do have trees in front of it but I get weak obscure channels but not the network CBS (Rochester, NY) I have an amplifier but not until it gets into the house where there is a electrical plug so the signal has to run about 20-25 feet before it hits the amplifier. I have been reading that the preamp should be near the antenna but I have no electrical plug near it so that is why I put it in the house. Does anyone know of a work around and if it works best near the antenna instead of in the house? I really love the OTA idea, better pic, great channels and no cost. Would like to cut the cord but cant till I resolve this. Thanks in advance.
Isn't it nice people ask for help then lose their voice when more information is requested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)