OTA antenna - sporadic signal strength?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trav

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Okay, I have the Jensen TV931 indoor antenna that is amplified. I've also tried the Zenith Silver Sensor. I just got D* hooked up with the HR10-250 but I was previously using my TV's built-in tuner with both of these antennas.

Anyway, I get strange dropouts that I wanted to ask you about. For example, I have the Jensen hooked up to the HR10-250 right now and I go to the OTA signal strength test and it shows about 90. However, every few seconds or so, the signal just drops off for a second or two and then comes back to 90. While watching a show, this results in picture/audio dropouts every few seconds.

What would be the cause of this? At 90, I would think my signal strength is plenty good... and I've tried adjusting the amplfication on the Jensen (highest to lowest) with similar results. And I've tried moving the rabbit ears around and moved the actual unit itself around my living room a bit. Same problem no matter what I do.

Now I'm a little worried if I spend the time to intall an antenna on my roof that it might do the same thing since my signal strength was fine indoors. Would these dropouts be caused by some kind of interference in the house or would I possibly need some kind of attenuator or something?

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)