OTA antenna through a DPP33?

Labmom

Original poster
Jun 21, 2020
NY
I want to put an OTA antenna on my roof. I have a DPP33 in the basement. 2 coax cables go in from the satellite with 3 going out to the 3 Wallys.

Can I simply plug the antenna into the 3rd open spot on the DPP33? Or do I need Diplexer, or something else?Eventually I want to cut the cord on Dish, but I want to make sure I can get local channels first to all my televisions.

I want to put an OTA antenna on my roof. I have a DPP33 in the basement. 2 coax cables go in from the satellite with 3 going out to the 3 Wallys.

Can I simply plug the antenna into the 3rd open spot on the DPP33? Or do I need Diplexer, or something else?Eventually I want to cut the cord on Dish, but I want to make sure I can get local channels first to all my televisions.
I don't believe the OTA signal will pass through a DPP33. It's 3 inputs must be up to 3 DP LNBs, and that's it. That said, I once had 3 LNB cables going into a DPP33 and another antenna cable (and distribution amp with 4 outputs) diplexed into the other side of the DPP33 going to 3 VIP DVRs. Worked great for years.

Reactions: HipKat and Bobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)