OTA Antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jjpann

Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Can any one suggest an antenna best for 06712. How about the CM4228?

Would this be effective mounted inside an attic.

You have fairly strong signals coming at you from 3-4 different directions.

You can either choose one direction from which to receive the networks you want or install a rotator to allow you to see them all.

Look at your profile on both TV Fool - Home and AntennaWeb.

The CM 4228 should work for you unless you need the PBS station out of New Haven on channel 6.

There are other VHF high digitals on 9, 10 and 11, but the 4228 should pull them in.

Attic installs typically reduce effective signal strength by 50%.

You may need a pre amp for weaker stations.

Recommend you install outside above the roof line for best performance.

The CM4228 is susceptible to multi-path especially in an attic install.

You might get better UHF recults with an Antennas Direct 91XG, but it is poor on VHF high and would necessitate a second VHF-high band antenna.

Around here
the 4228 gets recommended for just about every application. But if you have signals from amny different directions it may not be the best choice because it is quite directional.

Last edited:
the 4228 will have trouble receiving stations spread that far apart. t hasa beam width of 15 degrees and your channels are spread out in just about every direction. Do you need the Springfield area stations? If not that would help.

I'm using the 4228 in Cheshire, right next to Prospect, 06712. It picks up the Hartford stations fine, and almost always the New Haven ones from the backside without moving the antenna. I am right in the middle of the two antenna farms. You would almost definitely need a rotor, but the antenna will work well.

I would like to pull in the stations from New York and Hartford. Any suggestion on an antenna that is not as directional as the CM 4228?

I'm using the 4228 in Cheshire, right next to Prospect, 06712. It picks up the Hartford stations fine, and almost always the New Haven ones from the backside without moving the antenna. I am right in the middle of the two antenna farms. You would almost definitely need a rotor, but the antenna will work well.

The rotor part is the key there. If you have one TV it works well.If you feed multiple sets that is another matter.

I would like to avoid using a rotor. Any thought on a useful multidirectional antenna?

I doubt you will get both Hartford and New York. NY is likely too far, even though Prospect is fairly high in elevation. Do you get any of their stations now?

Yes, NYC... I have been able to get many; WCBS - 2, WNBC - 5, FOX and WABC. So I can get them with an attic mounted GE Antenna Outdoor Digital HDTV Futura

I gotta believe I can do better with with CM product or other suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts