OTA Antennas - Do DISH installers have them in the truck?

eilros

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
South Bend, IN
I have an HD upgrade installation scheduled for tomorrow and am wondering if I can just buy an OTA antenna from the installer and have him install it when he upgrades my system. I 'm bundled through ATT and called their DISH customer support to ask about it. The CSR I talked with didn't have a clue. I live in South Bend, IN and I'm not even sure if I need an OTA antenna.

Thanks,
Dave

I don't carry them. As most DNS Techs dont.

They would have to come back out and put one up. If you live where you can't get locals over Dish it will be free. If you can get any locals there will be a charge.

I don't carry them. As most DNS Techs dont.

They would have to come back out and put one up. If you live where you can't get locals over Dish it will be free. If you can get any locals there will be a charge.

I get the locals in SD over DISH but I'm pretty sure I'd need an OTA antenna to get HD. Is that what you are referring to when you mentioned not being able to get any locals?

Terk

Hi,

When I got my system installed the installer had two of them. He installed the Terk OTA antenna which clamps onto the top of the dish.

He charged me $50.00 on the spot and it works like a champ.

Bryan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)