OTA antennas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
Can everyone tell me what OTA antenna you use and how good it is, I need one to pick up about 20 miles out to get all of my channels. I think i will prob get a multi directional outdoor where i wont have to worry about moving rabbit ears and stuff. What does everyone think?

Can everyone tell me what OTA antenna you use and how good it is, I need one to pick up about 20 miles out to get all of my channels. I think i will prob get a multi directional outdoor where i wont have to worry about moving rabbit ears and stuff. What does everyone think?

You should go to antennaweb.org and see what they recommend.

go to tvfool.com and put in your address. They will give you a real good chart on where the towers are and what type of antenna to use

I'm about 20 miles out (though using a huge mast antenna inside my attic) & adding the preamp & then the distribution amp made all the difference in the world. I went from 10-20's on the meter to solid 100's across the board from every OTA. When I got creative & pointed it towards Notre Dame & Wisconsin I had no trouble picking up their locals......I just don't have a swivel system that allows me to adjust the direction of the antenna.

Most important: The Preamp.
2nd: Distribution Amp
3rd: Antenna

Another thing to keep in mind is some networks (ABC-WLS Chicago) still use a VHF antenna for HD so don't think you can just find the best UHF one & get everything that you are looking for. Use a normal splitter & reverse the inputs so you have UHF into one input & VHF into the other leaving the one output to go to your distribution amp. :p

Just my opinion from somebody who loves his OTA along side his DTV channels.....like when the rain causes the Sat's to go out during a sporting event I've been watching for 3 hours.

I am looking for input on the highest gain uhf antenna I can get. I presently have a CM4228, 8 bay, with a BT CMA 75 pre amp. I have pondered the 91xg as others seem to be pleased with it. I have also read that it is troublesome to maintain (wind and snow load) and my antennas "fly pretty high" The H 8800 seems to have great gain figures according to the chart I am attaching the link to. I have a stable installation with a roter as I am on the deep fringe of Albany NY, and Burlington VT. I require signals from ch 14 to ch 43. Thanks !Comparing some commercially available antennas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts