OTA Channel Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gaspower

Original poster
May 5, 2009
Bend, Oregon
Hello,

Just wondering about OTA channel guide on Directv. In my area the locals are not available on dish. So if I get the HD external antenna, will programs show up in the Directv guide and actually view show times? Currently I have Dish and it just shows digital service in show times.

Thank you JR

In most cases yes, you'll get the guide info for OTA ATSC stations. I say most since DirecTV counts on data provided by a 3rd party and if they don't supply the data for a channel DirecTV doesn't provide it. But when it is provided they provide the data for the main and subchannels.

Just an FYI, unless you get a HR20 or H20 receiver you'll need to get the AM21 add on dual ATSC tuner module, it's $50 from DirecTV unless you can talk them into it for free if they don't have your HD locals via satellite.

Hello,

Just wondering about OTA channel guide on Directv. In my area the locals are not available on dish. So if I get the HD external antenna, will programs show up in the Directv guide and actually view show times? Currently I have Dish and it just shows digital service in show times.

Thank you JR

Ihave locals on dish but if you don't buy their locals it shows as digital service. Even my sub channels show program information via OTA on Dish. Iwould imagine Direct is the same way. You must buy the locals.

Not true. I get my OTA channels listed in the guide on my HR20 and DirecTV doiesn't have locals here. My subscription is listed as Choice Plus - No locals.

yes, DirecTV gives you the OTA station guide even if you don't have locals, unlike Dish.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)