Ota channel will not show up on HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

titanman100

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
My HR20 DVR will not recognize my local Fox channel. If I connect directly to my t.v. I recieve the Fox channel as well as all of the other locals in regards to picture quality. Also on my guide all my locals will show up except for the Fox channel. Does anyone know why Fox will not show up

My HR20 DVR will not recognize my local Fox channel. If I connect directly to my t.v. I recieve the Fox channel as well as all of the other locals in regards to picture quality. Also on my guide all my locals will show up except for the Fox channel. Does anyone know why Fox will not show up

The HR20 does not scan for channels, it recognizes only those that are in the database. Is this station actually in the same market as the channels that you do get? If not, try adding the market it is from as a secondary market. This is done through the menu.

Tell us your zip code, and the callsign of the station you cannot receive...

I have the same problem in the Lansing, Michigan market (48837). Our local PBS station just rolled out new additional digital channels, and these are not in the guide (23.1, 23.2, 23.3, 23.4)

Rodger322

I have the same problem in the Lansing, Michigan market (48837). Our local PBS station just rolled out new additional digital channels, and these are not in the guide (23.1, 23.2, 23.3, 23.4)

Rodger322
My guess is that it takes several weeks for a new subchannel to appear in the guide....

I had this issue with my FOX not coming in. It did show in the listing but would not pull it in (signal searching). Turned out to be bad PSIP data in their stream. They had the channel listed as 28-0 instead of 28-1 and the HR20 would not pull it in with the mismatch. I got ahold of the local station and they corrected it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)