OTA Channels Not Maintaining their “Hidden” Setting

joep

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Woodland Hills, CA
Is anyone else having an issue with OTA channels not maintaining their “hidden” status? I have had this occur the last couple of days. The OTA channels that I hide are only maintained while the receiver is ON. When I shut the receiver off and turn it back ON, the previously hidden channels appear again. Does anyone know why this is happening?

joep said:
Is anyone else having an issue with OTA channels not maintaining their “hidden” status? I have had this occur the last couple of days. The OTA channels that I hide are only maintained while the receiver is ON. When I shut the receiver off and turn it back ON, the previously hidden channels appear again. Does anyone know why this is happening?

If you press the power button momentarily on the front of the box then the box goes into "Standby" and you won't lose the settings. If you HOLD the button in for an extended period then you will REBOOT the box and it restores the default hidden status. It also loses the CallerID settings when you do this.

I had a similar problem with the box but just re-booted and reset then everything was as it was before. It's like a computer that gets "tired" now and then and rebooting just solves a lot of problems.

I've had that before. I just kept thinking someone else kept putting the channels back in and I kept taking them out. I only turn off my receiver using the remote.

Tvlman said:
I had a similar problem with the box but just re-booted and reset then everything was as it was before. It's like a computer that gets "tired" now and then and rebooting just solves a lot of problems.

I actually tried both a soft and hard re-boot and I still had a problem.

I have the same problem. Reboot or unplugging does not solve problem. I will go through OTA channels, 18 in Chicago, and hide the ones I dont want. As long as I stay in the locals the hidden channels stay hidden. When I go into the Sat channels, some not all, of the hidden channels return but will not receive a signal. Also, I have to tune to a Sat channel long enough for the info bar on the bottom to disappear. If I only surf the channels quickly and return to a local channel without the info bar disappearing the hidden channels stay hidden. I called Voom about 2 weeks ago and the rep said he never heard of this but will make a note of it. I have had Voom since Dec 19 and after initial problems were solved all 3 of my boxes worked great except for caller Id. After the caller Id fix about a month ago, the problem with the locals started

Yep, a reboot unhides almost all my hidden locals too. Plus, and I'm not totally sure about this one, but it seems that some of my hidden channels will occasionally reappear without warning. I'm not sure about this one...can anyone else confirm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)