OTA channels through a H10 receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mellis

Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
VA
Hello, newbee here and I need some help.

I subscribe to DirecTV, but only the NFLST package, nothing else (was grandfathered in). They are sending me a H10 receiver in a few days. If I hook up an OTA antenna to the receiver can I watch my local HD channels through it (on a HD ready TV) or do I have to subscribe to one of their other packages to get the receiver to work. TIA.

Any inexpensive indoor antenna will work fine with OTA locals/HD as long as you live close enough to the towers.you will be amazed at the picture quality once you get it all tuned in.i have the terk indoor antenna and it works great,just may have to turn it to the strongest tower at times but minor set back for the picture quality.

I have the same receiver and a $40 terk indoor antenna. I'm sure the outdoor is preferable but I have had no problems with the indoor. I am within 15 miles of the antennas. If I were you I'd go to Best Buy and give it a try.

Thanks for the info. What model is your Terk indoor antenna. Is it sold as a HDTV antenna...for example...the HDTVi or something?

yes, it is terk HDTVi it really dosen't have a model number but BB can hook you up or crutchfield is a good reliable source..hope this helps

To get your locals in HD OTA, you will need an antenna connected to the back of the HD-10 receiver.

Go to antennaweb and see where and how far you are away from the local broadcast towers. This will help you determine if you need an indoor antenna, outdoor antenna and/or an amplified version of either.

I am 14 miles from the towers here in the Detroit area. I use the default, D*, roof-installed, Winegard SS-1000 non-amplified antenna. It works fine for all but one station. Just don't use dyplexers when connecting the antenna as they rob 30% per dyplexer from the antenna's strength.

I have heard of people having good luck with the Zenith Silver Sensor (indoor, non-amplified antenna), 4-bay bow ties on the roof and everything in-between.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts