OTA Channels without guide info

JTBenson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
I, like many people, got my locals today and as a result I also got guide information on my OTA's, but there are still some channels that don't have guide information. Here are the ones that are missing guide info:

• TBN
  • Church Channel
  • JCTV
  • Enlace USA
  • Smile of a Child
  • THIS
  • qubo
  • Ion Life
Most I don't watch, but the two that I wish I had were JCTV and THIS. I am not surprised about TBN and its subchannels (the first 5) and qubo and Ion Life, but I would have thought THIS would have been included.

Does anyone else have THIS in their program guide?

I, like many people, got my locals today and as a result I also got guide information on my OTA's, but there are still some channels that don't have guide information. Here are the ones that are missing guide info:

• TBN
  • Church Channel
  • JCTV
  • Enlace USA
  • Smile of a Child
  • THIS
  • qubo
  • Ion Life
Most I don't watch, but the two that I wish I had were JCTV and THIS. I am not surprised about TBN and its subchannels (the first 5) and qubo and Ion Life, but I would have thought THIS would have been included.

Does anyone else have THIS in their program guide?

Detroit has listings for THIS on 4.2 OTA via the DISH guide.

A lot of the subchannels come in after the main ones, you need to wait up to 24 hours till your guide gets filled. There are some you just will not get. I still do not have ION, ION Life or Qubo and several years, and it took almost two years for my pbs channels to get guide info.

I don't get any of the sub channel information for my TBN, just the main one. I also don't get any info for MYTX stations in my area.

Yes, Dish has poor guide info for subchannels. Here, Universal Sports (45-2) is only listed as 24 hours of "Digital Service". My understanding is that DirecTV users have access to complete program info for the same channel here.

With the Directv boxes...

you can select a couple of zip codes and get all of the program info even if you can't receive the channel thru the box via ota, if that makes sense! I do wish DISH would offer the same instead of "Digital Service"!

My understanding is that DirecTV users have access to complete program info for the same channel here.

That is correct. It even works in areas where DirecTV does not offer locals, and there is no need to pay extra for locals to make the guide work. It is one area where DirecTV was clearly better than Dish - though now I guess that is less of an issue.

I installed an ota module in my 922 this morning. So far I have only received channel logos and guide information for one station. How long will it take for the info to download? The 922 is kind of useless without guide info because near as I can tell there are no manual recording options.

Sad for Dish because TiVo, who also uses Tribune for guide data, has info on its guide for all of these that are in my DMA. I am wondering if this is an enhanced level of guide data service that TiVo get from Tribune (probably more $$) than the level Dish has access to.

Hard reboot

I installed an ota module in my 922 this morning. So far I have only received channel logos and guide information for one station. How long will it take for the info to download? The 922 is kind of useless without guide info because near as I can tell there are no manual recording options.

Easiest way to get it to download is to hard reboot it (IOW unplug it for a short time) Once it reloads the sats it will start loading program guide. They should be there (at least the big 4) for nine days. There is a way to do manual timer setting but it is not that much fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)