New HD Channels

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
good monring what is going on with adding some more new Hd Channels on Dish Network?Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Allen Culver
Streator,IL

good monring what is going on with adding some more new Hd Channels on Dish Network?Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Allen Culver
Streator,IL

Hey, I'm with you, but now there'a a question about stanching the flow of old channels out of the system.

The answer to your question is as it always is: the only people who might know for sure don't post here. We may get clues (which sometimes turn out to be accurate, sometimes not) but that's all. Right now there aren't even any of those.

BTW, if you wish, you can consider this the official: "It's Wednesday, When is the Uplink?" thread. :)

When new channels are about to be added, Scott G will let us know.

Well I noticed today INDY and Retroplex now available here they were'nt even listed in my guides on my 211 and 222 before. Did they change to a different bird or change packages?? I'm currently looking at 61.5/110/119 sats.
Bob

I heard that, too! :p

Well I noticed today INDY and Retroplex now available here they were'nt even listed in my guides on my 211 and 222 before. Did they change to a different bird or change packages?? I'm currently looking at 61.5/110/119 sats.
Bob

Bob
There are some SD channels uplinked to 119
387 - RETRO [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 21 ConUS beam (NA)(RetroPlex)
387 - RETRO [MPEG4 SD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 22 ConUS beam (NA)(RetroPlex)
388 - INDIE [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 06 ConUS beam (NA)(IndiePlex Movie Channel)
388 - INDIE [MPEG4 SD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 22 ConUS beam (NA)(IndiePlex Movie Channel)
now since there has been no uplink posted (due to issues) they maybe turned those versions on today

Free Preview for those channels...

I just took a look and the ONLY HD channel up in testing now is COOKING CHANNEL.

On the channel where QVC HD was is also showing COOKING CHANNEL now.

Bob
Aside from the previews, they are on 129 and 72.7. Is there a reason you get 61.5 instead of 129??

OP - What channels were you looking for?

n1wbd - Time to move to EA or WA.

Not looking for any channels just asking about INDY and RETRO they just appeared in my guide and were on this morning. From what I saw in the guide I was'nt missing much anyway.

Someday I'll upgrade to EA dish but I'm happy for now with the 3 I have. Currently I have 61.5/110/119 sats.

OP - What channels were you looking for?

n1wbd - Time to move to EA or WA.

Actually, I'd have to say my 61.5/110/119 combo was more rain fade resistant than my new EA setup.

Aside from the previews, they are on 129 and 72.7. Is there a reason you get 61.5 instead of 129??
You would have to assume the poster is somewhere in the east.

Not looking for any channels just asking about INDY and RETRO they just appeared in my guide and were on this morning. From what I saw in the guide I was'nt missing much anyway.

Someday I'll upgrade to EA dish but I'm happy for now with the 3 I have. Currently I have 61.5/110/119 sats.
Free preview as stated earlier. For you in SD I would also assume as the HD feed for the east is at 72.7°.

Actually, I'd have to say my 61.5/110/119 combo was more rain fade resistant than my new EA setup.
I notice on the meter that EA looks weaker than the old set up but I really don't have any issues with rain fade. Since my 1000.4 was installed back in mid-Febraury, I only lost the signal once and that was due to a 4 foot snow storm in late Feb. The dish was covered with snow. I went out and cleared it with a broom and had the TV back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)