OTA digital channels disappear?

typhoid

Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
Near Houston
Has anyone else seen any of their OTA digital channels disappear? :confused:

Periodically, one or two of mine just vanish from the program guide. The analog aren't affected, just the digital. Rescanning gets them all back, but it's a pain to have to rescan once a week, or so.

I called E*, but they didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about. If this is a fairly common problem, I'll just cross my fingers and wait for the next software update. Otherwise, I may call for a replacement 811 (and hope that I don't get a box that has more problems than my current one).

typhoid said:

Periodically, one or two of mine just vanish from the program guide. The analog aren't affected, just the digital. Rescanning gets them all back, but it's a pain to have to rescan once a week, or so.
Happened to me tonight. I went into my Favorites and saw that they were unchecked. I simply added them back and so far so good. A bit less hassle than rescanning but a PIA nonetheless. After months of relatively painless operation my 811 has started to act a bit flaky the past few nights. Figures.....

typhoid said:

I called E*, but they didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about. If this is a fairly common problem, I'll just cross my fingers and wait for the next software update. Otherwise, I may call for a replacement 811 (and hope that I don't get a box that has more problems than my current one).

I thought this was fixed way back about six months ago. Yes it is back, and I am very upset with E*. The 811 seems to have gone back-wards since 280 was released.

I get this as well. I also notice that my channels move from the local station to the Broadcast channel (e.g. WLS-009-01 will disappear, but show up at 019-01). And yes, rescanning fixes this. I don't even go thru the effort of renaming my OTA channels anymore since this happens so often :(

I thought my problem with Albuquerque KASA-Fox 2-0 27-1 had gone away and it was staying on 2-1. It was back yesterday. I don't look at the 811 much anymore because my 921 works fine on this. Could it get confused with satellite "local" mapped to 27-0 (Roswell low power)? You look at 2-1 and up channel and it is then 27-1.

The 921 does not have sat. mapping, yet, and I have not enabled any analogs. The 811 requires either OTA analog or sat. local mapping with no choice of OFF.

Current software, but will recheck because OTA may have been weak from bad OTA distribution amp and 921 was upsteam on first spitter.

Model ID: 921, 811, 501
Monitor: Hitachi 46H83
Dish: 500/500 Legacy SW64
Orbits: 119, 110, 148
Terrestrial - Dish Rim Philips, 43 mile visible to Alb, NM co-aligned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)