OTA Digital signal strength on the 811

mike123abc said:
I have the channel lock on problem with CBS here with the 811. My 6000 can lock on immediately. It takes a bit of time (about a minute) for the 811 to lock on to CBS. Now CBS is the only channel in my area broadcasting 1080i, the rest are all 480p.

It is definitely not a signal problem. I am 5 miles from the tower and get 82-90% signal on it. They are not full power (200kwatt EIRP), but they are at a respectable 47.1Kwatt.

I wonder if it is 1080i or that the signal is too strong (the other stations are under 10kwatt).

I have no problem locking onto CBS. In fact, for me, CBS locks on the fastest and has the highest strength of any of my channels at 90-92%.

Oakenshld said:
Has anyone else had this problem? When I tune into my OTA digital channels, sometimes I have to wait for 2 or 3 minutes of "Error - digital signal lost" until it locks in. The strange thing is is that it flucuates from 49% then jumps quickly to 90% for a second and then back down. After about 10 or more of these, it locks in @ 90% and stays there. I can watch then for hours on end with no problems at all. But if I change the channel to another station (wait again on that one) and then back to the program I just was watching (for an hour or more with no problems), I have to go through that whole signal loss drill again.

Is this a problem with antenna alignment, the 811 or a signal strength thing?

Thanks for all of the great info

Same exact problem with one station that broadcasts in 720p. On my separate OTA receiver this is my strongest station, usually at ~90%. It would be nice to move everything to the 811 but that won't happen until the problem is resolved. Hopefully the software update will resolve the issue.

This was the software schedule for the 811 the head software project manager said during the tech chat:

End of Feb - 2-day cached EPG (that's 2 days worth of program guide)
Middle of March - Aspect Ratio issue (I don't know what this bug is...I don't have problems)
End of March - Dark picture software fix & program guide searching!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)