OTA/DirectTV with diplexer installation-help!

jdub

Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
I have just installed a Channel Master antenna with channel master 0065DSB pre-amp which is connected to, and draws power from, the direct tv dish through a channel master 4032IFD diplexer to combine SAT2/UHF. I use a DirectTV DVR so there are two SAT lines (1,2) coming in to my Direct TV DVR and a third line that goes to another room.

At the Direct TV DVR, I have another diplexer (same model) to split the incoming SAT1 and UHF/SAT2 signal into SAT1, SAT2 and UHF. SAT1 and SAT2 go to the DVR, while UHF goes to the LG 3510 HDTV tuner.

With the UHF line dis-connected from the LG tuner, I have a clean signal from both SAT1 and SAT2. When the UHF line is connected, my SAT2 line drops out completely. HELP!

Any guidance on this would be truly appreciated!

Does the UHF connection work? It sounds like you may have the connections for the UHF input at the dish reversed possibly, or one of the diplexers is bad.

Diplexer/Tuner problem.

Couger,

Thanks for the note. I discovered that the 12V DC from the Diplexer was grounded when I connected the line to the LG tuner effectively eliminating any signal coming from the SAT2 line. I installed a DC "block" filter between the two and resolved the problem.

Thanks again.

John

Your welcome John. Thanks for the feedback. It's good to know what fixed this problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)