OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service' Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do you care to elaborate? Is there something we should be looking forward to regarding this issue?

Sorry jb3683, I was just using Dish's favorite answer to any question with "When" in it. Didn't mean to infer I have any knowledge of things to come...Scott is the one who can foresee the future...:D

Ghpr13:)

Sorry jb3683, I was just using Dish's favorite answer to any question with "When" in it. Didn't mean to infer I have any knowledge of things to come...Scott is the one who can foresee the future...:D

Darn it. I was hoping you had some inside information for us! I just installed my OTA module and realized there is only one OTA channel with guide info, which makes recording from the other OTA channels pointless (who really wants to set manual timers?).

I have been only using my 211K for 2 months and it's really not a big issue for me, but it would be nice to see the EPG functional for OTA recording. My TV displays it's guide fine anyway and I use that for most viewing. Has Dish ever officially responded if it's a station issue or hardware or whatever?

Funny thing that the DTV Pal from Dish Network I installed for my Dad last Saturday works great. It loads the guide in about 30 seconds. That doesn't seem to have any issues from the Albany, NY TV stations.

Darn it. I was hoping you had some inside information for us! I just installed my OTA module and realized there is only one OTA channel with guide info, which makes recording from the other OTA channels pointless (who really wants to set manual timers?).

I feel your pain...The main reason I got the OTA mod was for one station, but of course all I get in the guide on that station is "Digital Service". It is really upsetting because it does kind of defeats the purpose of the OTA mod, IMO.

If you just installed the module, generally it takes 24 hours or overnight for local ota info to populate the epg.

If you just installed the module, generally it takes 24 hours or overnight for local ota info to populate the epg.

I actually installed it last night, then did a manual program guide update. After the update, one OTA channel's programming displayed, but the other channels display "Digital Service". Hopefully Dish has this on their "To Do List".

I don't think that's accurate. Should be no different than deleting the OTA channels and doing a re-scan and when I do that, the guide re-populates the OTA channels within 1-minute up to ~30 minutes. No reboot, no forced guide update, etc req'd.

I don't think that's accurate. Should be no different than deleting the OTA channels and doing a re-scan and when I do that, the guide re-populates the OTA channels within 1-minute up to ~30 minutes. No reboot, no forced guide update, etc req'd.

Not sure if this is the reason. If you go into Diagnostics your zip code is already entered. So Dish will dl your local info. With a new install, your zip has to be first uploaded, then you will get your ota info. I know when I have replaced my 722, it was a day or 2 before ny local ota info was populated.

Actually after a rescan I often do not see the new guide data until aftera check switch or the next download.

Your zip code does not determine what OTA stations you receive. In fact, it doesn't, with 100% accuracy, determine what locals you get even via satellite.

Your full address. I was going to verify it but Dish has removed their address-checker and now only asks for zip code. I know of an area (near where I work) where the zip code is covers two counties, so people in one county get on market's locals and people in the other county get a different market's locals.

Your full address. I was going to verify it but Dish has removed their address-checker and now only asks for zip code. I know of an area (near where I work) where the zip code is covers two counties, so people in one county get on market's locals and people in the other county get a different market's locals.

I'm pretty sure my zip code covers two counties also. I know whenever I need to punch it in on certain web sites, I have to pick which county is mine.

The zip code I'm thinking of, when input at Dish's site, says Cincinnati locals. At Directv's site, it prompts me for the county, as it should. Someone may look at Dish's site and think "I don't want (fill in the other locals) channels" and go elsewhere. I realize that when the official order is placed, they'd get the 'right' locals but they might not proceed after getting the previous message.

Funny thing that the DTV Pal from Dish Network I installed for my Dad last Saturday works great. It loads the guide in about 30 seconds. That doesn't seem to have any issues from the Albany, NY TV stations.
same here...I have only one station that does not display the guide info, but my dtv pal in the bedroom has no problem loading the correct guide info....

The DTVPal uses the ATSC guide info. If you are talking about the DTVPal DVR, it uses the ATSC guide info until it gets a signal from TVguide, and then that takes over. In neither case is this guide info utilized by Dish satellite receivers. Too bad there isn't a fallback to ATSC if Tribune data are missing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)