OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service' Discussion Thread

I agree with you. My point was that this guide problem (what you call a data issue), is a problem regardless of the receiver, past, present, or future (for the 813). DishSubLA can answer for himself. But I imagined he was thinking that Dish has a limited pool of engineering talent, and they may be reassigned from this problem to the 813. My thinking was that, if the techs working on the 813 bump up against this problem on the new receiver, and get it fixed, then we can all be happy even if we have an earlier receiver.

Actually, I was making stupid excuses for Dish and grasping at straws as to why Dish has NOT FIXED THE OTA GUIDE PROBLEM! :).

Seriously, I find I do find some good content on This TV and other OTA multi-plexed that have "DIGTAL SERVICE" instead of guide data. Fortunately I have a TiVo S3 that gets almost ALL the mulit-plexed guide data correct. Tribune does have the data and TiVo uses it. Why not Dish? Who knows (rhetorical question) why Dish seems to have stopped working on OTA EPG data? :(

It's interesting that in the Hartford DMA and Tampa DMA the data is available on most of the sub channels. (Don't know about ABC 8 in Hart or NBC 8 in Tampa) This TV, two sub channels of PBS, NBC+, weather (guide says weather) All subs for CBS channel 3 in Hart (3 of them including the Springfield Mass channel has data) Ion, Antenna TV, etc... all there in the guide.

Slight progress here. First on my 612 and now on my 722, WPXW's main channel OTA has guide data. This is progress because WPXW OTA is HD. (Subchannels still have no guide data.)

Tribune does have the data and TiVo uses it. Why not Dish? Who knows (rhetorical question) why Dish seems to have stopped working on OTA EPG data?
Dish has the data but in simple terms, they don't have it matched up with the stations we receive. As for why they've stopped, I think it's safe to say that in the grand scheme of things, this is certainly low-priority. The number of users affected is bound to be pretty low too.

Dish has the data but in simple terms, they don't have it matched up with the stations we receive. As for why they've stopped, I think it's safe to say that in the grand scheme of things, this is certainly low-priority. The number of users affected is bound to be pretty low too.

Good point, as TiVo has some OTA only subscribers, so they would have to make certain the OTA multiplex guide data is all there.

OK, but my posts were actually discussion posts, not requests, so I'm not sure why they were moved, but as long as they weren't removed, it's all good... ;)

In the Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo DMA the main problem is a Tribune owned FOX affiliate which has two subs, Antenna TV and This TV.

That combination seems to throw them wherever it occurs. not sure wehy since we get no answers.

This movie channel 11-2, Lubbock Texas, never downloads to the EPG to one of my 211's.

It appears that my 722k, 211k and my other 211 all download the EPG for all channels.

The only channel that shows DIGITAL SERVICE on this ONE receiver is THIS (11-2).

I can select channel 11-2 and press the right arrow and it prompts to download guide data, and successfully downloads the data, but tomorrow the same thing occurrs, no EPG guide data until I select it and press the right arrow (or do a check switch).

Jim5506,

Have you had the receiver replaced since you are getting the information for that channel on your other receivers? The information provided by the channel provider is streamed with the signal sent from the satellite. In most cases when the EPG displays Digital Service, it is not getting the correct information that the receiver recognizes. In some cases if the person does not subscribe to locals, OTA will display Digital Service. In your case, it sounds like a receiver issue since it continues to happen.

I have yet to see any of the other requests fulfilled.
icon14.png
icon14.png

I am starting to think this fix will never happen. We are on page 13 of this topic and still no fix. Might be time to just give up and lock this thread an bow down and give this win to techs at Dish....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts