OTA GOES OUT BLACK SCREEN

donjoy44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Our OTA will go to black screen without warning and different times it seems to also mess up what we have recording on regular channels making them a black screen as well the ota usb is laying flat and is connected to the hopper in the front port When this happens we do a rescan of OTA channels and they come back
If we dont check everynight before our recordings begin we wont be sure they record
this is difficult if we are away for a day or even 2 and cant check to see if there is a black secreen

Is anyone else having this difficulty

It happens from time to time with the ota tuner. You don't have to rescan each time it goes black. A simple reboot will take care of black screens. IF you do a rescan every time it goes black ,it will make all your ota timers not work and you will have to re-create them. I've tested the ota tuner since I was an early tester , and it still happens at certain times for me. I guess that is the drawback to using usb interface instead of ota module like the 722k has or built in like the older 722 model has. For the most part the tuner does record most of my shows like it is supposed to.

Even though this thread is over a year old, I'm getting black screen on certain OTA channels as well..is there a perm fix for this?

You need to be connected directly into one of the USB ports, not a Hub just in case you might me connected that way. Also, have you tried switching the ports?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts