Ota guide info

tiemyshew

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
waupun,wi
Is there a fix to get the guide info for the ota subchannels? Really like the comet channel but can't ever schedule recordings

Is there a fix to get the guide info for the ota subchannels? Really like the comet channel but can't ever schedule recordings
There doesn't seem to be a fix, so to speak. You could look at another guide, Titantv or comettv.com, and then set manual recordings based on what you'd like to watch....

It's still a valid thread. The original date has no bearing on the core issue. It's had (9) add'l posts in the past 4-5 days too.

Every so often, someone would ask the others in that thread if their issue was resolved and in almost all cases, it was not, so the original posts from members reporting the issue(s) they had are still likely valid.

This is a little of an exception to the rule I do see many threads revived that shouldn't be but especially with the renewed interest in OTA the info is relevant.
There should be an expedited way to get problems like one of the big networks moving and then having no guide info fixed, that was posted yesterday in that thread.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Pick up one of the cheapie $35~ OTA dvr's from Amazon, plug in your antenna and an external hard-drive, and you'll get guide data right from the channel. Don't wait for Dish to provide guide data, as it'll likely never happen.

Here's one, but there's a few others if you look: Amazon product ASIN B00I2ZBD1U

Free Titan Tv app has all my guide information for my ota channels and sub channels. Just wish that DISH would add that free app to the hopper 3 for us to use it in place of the guide data from the satellite.

Reactions: DWS44 and JSheridan
Pick up one of the cheapie $35~ OTA dvr's from Amazon, plug in your antenna and an external hard-drive, and you'll get guide data right from the channel. Don't wait for Dish to provide guide data, as it'll likely never happen.

Here's one, but there's a few others if you look: Amazon product ASIN B00I2ZBD1U

Or use a PC running Windows 7. Connect OTA antenna, run Windows Media Center, and it will give you guide info

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)