OTA guide question

kikenovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Somewhere in time
Ever since I downgraded to the Welcome Pack the guide is not populating for the OTA channels.

Is there a minimum programming required for the guide to work on OTA channels?

Thanks.

I get my locals via satellite (they're included with the WP) and the guide works fine with those.
But I also like to use an antenna to be able to watch something while I record something else. The guide was working fine with the OTA channels when I was subscribed to LatinoMax.
I'm using a Vip211k receiver btw.

Just checking 'cause if you don't pay for locals, you wouldn't get the guide data for the OTA versions. Since you do get them (and pay for them), I've no idea. Since losing the data appears tied to dropping down to Welcome Pack, sure sounds like Dish does something to block it.

You may need to do a rescan for the OTA channels. It can't hurt to try.

Or call DISH Tech department and find out why you aren't getting any ota guide data. That shouldn't change just because you went to the Welcome pack. If it did that is one BIG drawback to downgrading to it to save money.

So far I've tried re scanning, resetting the receiver, going all the way to the right on the guide. I've seen the receiver re download the guide but no effect on the OTA locals.
I'll check with the chat support and report back.

Thanks.

I have Welcome Pack and most of the OTA channel guide info shows fine (some is missing but that is well documented)

After scanning channels you need to do a reboot of receiver for guide data to show up (or you can wait til the overnight update)

oh even if you are a "mover" the OTA guide works fine ;)

I was wondering if they intentionally blocked it from WP but it appears not.

As for rebooting, that's not necessary. You're just impatient... :D It will populate in minutes on it's own (in my experience).

Sent from my SkyRaider Zeus Thunderbolt!

It's been a few days since I downgraded and still hasn't populated. Stills says "Digital Service"

In another post a DIRT member mentioned a certain flag is required for that to work. I wonder if that flag was removed from my account.

PM one of the DIRT folks...they should be able to fix it

The only flag on WP is HD enabled so if your locals are in HD you'll get them. As long as you have locals on the account guide info shows up. A while ago Matt had me try something pertaining to locals. When locals were removed (which you can't anymore) ;) the guide for OTA immediately said "digital service". When it was added back then guide info showed up 5 minutes later

It's been a few days since I downgraded and still hasn't populated. Stills says "Digital Service"

In another post a DIRT member mentioned a certain flag is required for that to work. I wonder if that flag was removed from my account.

If you send me a PM with your phone or account number I would be happy to review your account and see why this may be occurring. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts