OTA: H3 bug or something else?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
With the weather starting to turn to rain and thunderstorms, having a working OTA option for recording/watching is going to be more important. I hope the Hopper 3 OTA issues aren't like the Hopper 2 OTA issues, never to be solved...

I hope the Hopper 3 OTA issues aren't like the Hopper 2 OTA issues, never to be solved...

I don't know about never, but I get the feeling we shouldn't be holding our breath. It's clearly not been a priority to date. :(

I'm about ready to scrap the OTA adapter and find a separate OTA DVR solution to replace it. Seems a giant waste of money and effort to have to do this with a shiny new H3 sitting here that shouldn't even have to break a sweat to view/record OTA correctly, but the H3 certainly made me realize how much OTA I had been recording now that it no longer works. I had a series of episodes of a show recorded that I hadn't got around to watching yet. Finally sat down to watch it a couple weeks ago and realized I had screwed up and set the timer to the OTA local instead of the SAT local. Every damn episode either corrupt or unwatchable. Had to go buy the series elsewhere to catch up on it. :mad:

Sorry...stepping back down off the soapbox.

Am I the only person whose live OTA reception is fine but recordings are consistently messed up?

No, you aren't alone at all. That's fairly typical the way the software stands right now. Live OTA works for me most of the time. If I get into trick play (FF/REW) and get into the buffer, I sometimes get the audio skips and pixeling, though not usually as bad as the recordings. As far as OTA recordings, almost all of them are messed up.

IMHO the more reports they get from people having the problem the faster they might get to it. It's clearly a matter of priorities and apparently there aren't that many customers who use OTA and have reported it to make it higher on the list of things that need to be fixed.

The risk to Dish by NOT fixing it, is that customers buying separate OTA DVRs might decide those and a Roku are all they really need.

Reactions: osu1991
Not saying you should have to but doesn't adding a device that drops the signal fix this issue? That what i've read anyway.

Not saying you should have to but doesn't adding a device that drops the signal fix this issue? That what i've read anyway.
I know what you mean and this is not the case here. There is a known software issue, specifically with recorded OTA, that needs to be addressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)