OTA HD & 2nd TV

PWP

Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
I've been successful installing OTA to DirectHD receiver for 1st HD TV in the family room - great reception! I'm now trying to run the OTA HD line to the HD TV in the kitchen....

I'm getting Vhf channels on the kitchen set, but no digital (3-1, 5-1) channels when splitting the OTA line. (I get VHF on the first one also)

I know I need another receiver, but don't need all the bells & whistles (DD5.1, etc)

Is there a simple HD receiver than can convert/accept HD signals to the kitchen tv? It needs to do nothing more than change channels, off & on. I looked at the Walmart USDTV receiver but it doesn't have dvi.

Am I on the right track? or is there a better idea to do 2 tv's???

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Hi PWP, welcome to SatelliteGuys.US! :)

I think you're on the right track, it doesn't sound like your kitchen HD TV has an integrated ATSC tuner (but has an NTSC tuner). If that's so, then yes you will need a separate receiver for it. I was looking for the same thing, basic tuner/on/off HD box but the USDTV one was the closest I ever found ($200). While it has no DVI, it does have component, and is otherwise a great box! :) (still, I do not like the USDTV service or their business plan, but the Hisense receiver--OEM mfr.--is great for its price compared to other simple receivers)

Thanks
I just looked up the specs: Features: 25 ms response time, Height-adjustable stand, Video on PC Graphic Picture-In-Picture (PIP), 10 user modes, SDTV and HDTV ready; NTSC, PAL, SECAM TV color system

Is a separate tuner the only solution?

Yes unfortunately. I don't think you would be up for any of the alternatives I can think of at the moment. Hint, they would be suggestions from a guy with no HD TV but watches HD broadcasts on SD TVs. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts