OTA HD - CBS in Atlanta - sound problem

rak

Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Overall I've been pleased with the local HD reception and sound. However, I've encountered a slightly annoying problem specifically with the local CBS HD channel in the Atlanta area. It's been going on for months. Every minute or so (no exact time frame), there's a split second loss of sound. It's only for less than a second, but it is noticeable and happens consistently. Any one else having this problem? If so, any ideas on what it could be? Not having the problem on any other OTA channels
Thanks

Call the station and tell them about it. Most of these first generation DTV operations are run on a shoe-string. They don't monitor/watch what the public sees of their DTV transmissions. Some are grateful when a viewer tips them to a reception problem.

rak said:
Overall I've been pleased with the local HD reception and sound. However, I've encountered a slightly annoying problem specifically with the local CBS HD channel in the Atlanta area. It's been going on for months. Every minute or so (no exact time frame), there's a split second loss of sound. It's only for less than a second, but it is noticeable and happens consistently. Any one else having this problem? If so, any ideas on what it could be? Not having the problem on any other OTA channels
Thanks
Any particular show? I have not experienced this with WGCL but I know others have.
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/ahdtv/messages/15684?viscount=-30