OTA HD computer cards

Also check out the Dvico Fusion Cards, Avermedia cards, and vbox stuff. Personally, I use 1 ATi and 2 fusion cards. I am waiting on my first vbox card. I can't comment on any brand specfic software, as I use them with SageTV

NEOSG said:
Also check out the Dvico Fusion Cards, Avermedia cards, and vbox stuff. Personally, I use 1 ATi and 2 fusion cards. I am waiting on my first vbox card. I can't comment on any brand specfic software, as I use them with SageTV

Which model ATi do you have and how do you like it..

Is there anything wrong with the software that came with the cards you mentioned...

I have the HDTV Wonder too, I like it too. But when I got it I had never seen dtv before and I have nothing to compare it to.

The only problems I have with it is the buggy Multimedia Center software though I never got to try the latest 9.14 version because someone else has the card and I hope to get it back soon.

I've used all the dtv compatible software I can find watchhdtv, meedio, sage tv, beyondtv and another one I don't remember, but none of them really do what I need them to do. Like the guide data doesn't include subchannels and I can't tune into them on beyondtv, meedio and sage tv.

And about the bugginess in the included mmc software on 9.13 it would help if someone told me if these were fixed on 9.14.

When switching between subchannels it goes to the subchannel you switch to but the picture freezes and starts playing sound from the subchannel you just switched from. So you have to change to a different real channel and then directly to the subchannel your trying to go to in the first place.

It freezes allot! Not if you just leave it but if you try to do stuff like right click lol.

It will never ever record anything you tell it to record!

The only thing it records for is timeshifting you can find the data in Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEatimmc it is hidden and you can't do anything with that data really, it saves it in a whole bunch of different files and there is one shortcut file that lets you watch it.

When audio is set to s/pdif out whenever you change channel or there is a break up it stutters like hell. In order to stop it you have to pause and then play again, I've gotten used to double tapping the spacebar. This problem does not occur when timeshifting is disabled though, the ways to disable timeshifting is change something in the registry or some type of glitch where you switch to svideo and it gives you a message about that then you switch back to dtv. Rather than just giving you a button you have to use bugs to do it:rolleyes:.

On the analog side it looks ok(for analog) at first then it starts getting blocky.

That's about all I remember since I haven't had the card for a few months. Can someone tell me if any of these got fixed on 9.14?

But the hardware is very good and the antenna that comes with it is very good, I was able to get a digital channel from the other side of Florida about 90mi+ from me and all my local channels except the vhf ones which I needed a vhf antenna for.
farwx6.jpg

I'm the little green and dot the arrow is the station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts