OTA HD question for 921 (& 811)

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
With all of my 921s and 811s, I have noticed one thing in comment about OTA HD reception. One of my local HD (NBC) does not show the station ID like others, and this is the only one station on VHF freqency. Given the signal strength is in marginal area, it takes long time to lock in, especially for one of my 921, it could take up to a minute before see and hear anything. I am wondering if it is due to the signal fornat being without proper station ID, or due to be in VHF range?????? Any comments?

Thanks in advance.

The Data stream would be the same regardless of UHF or VHF. The difference is in the stations implementation of the PSIP data.

So, are you saying the PSIP data could have effect of channel locking?

Well, I also have problems with my local NBC affiliate...and it just happens to broadcast on VHF also. I have also read threads from other parts of the country of people having problems with their NBC channels. I think A_Noland is correct and that NBC's guidelines for implementing PSIP data might be slightly flawed.

PSIP info affects channel mapping/station ID. Your marginal signal strength is probably the cause of your locking problem. Have you tried putting in a signal amplifier?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts