OTA HD

I think that you are wasting your time in the attic. I mean the attic is a good place to put your Xmas lights but is horrible place for an Antenna .

Try it first with a good preamp . You want be able to rotate it to get channels from both markets.

JWBama said:
Thanks RollTide! So do you think I'm wasting my time in the attic? I don't want to waste my time. I would like to give it a try, if it's feasable. Also, can you use a diplexer to run the antenna signal over the same coax to keep from having a new run in the wall?

IMHO you should run another coax. The diplexer will cut down on your signal and you are already probably going to have a rather weak signal if you use your attic.

I'm in a different location and only 35 miles or so from the towers, but when I moved the antenna to the peak of my roof (plus a 5' mast) the increase in signal strength was remarkable.

Guys, stuck a Radio Shack indoor "Amplified Digital HDTV" antenna (26db gain, glorified rabbit ears) through a diplexer in the attic aimed at the tower 40 miles away... Got the CBS & NBC affiliates loud and clear. Signal strengths in the high 70s to high 80s. Now I want MORE!!!!! Roll Tide, will I get a better signal with the 8200 with preamp & rotator for multiple markets? Still want it in the attic, though...

I went to my local shack yesterday and the salesman was hawking the digital antenna like no tomorrow and I'm seeing people talk about a "digital" or a "HD" antenna. So, what's the deal. Are they worth it or a marketing gimic?

Guderian said:
I am using the Silver Sensor Digital HDTV UHF Indoor Antenna Zenith ZHDTV1 that is available at Best Buy for $39.99. I can pick up all the digital stations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I am 40 miles from the ABC affiliate and the picture looks great.

...same story for me. I live in California @ 35 miles from the transmission towers and I receive ALL of my local digital channels in outstanding HD with this simple, inexpensive indoor antenna.

There is nothing different about Radio Shack's HDTV indoor antenna. Its basically glorified (amplified) rabbit ears. The DTV signals are sent on UHF (channels 14-69) or VHF (channels 2 - 13).

Why do they make it so hard to see monday night football in HD ?

ABC 3340 shouldn't be that hard for you to pick up.

I'm going to Lowe's today and purchasing a Channelmaster 3020 Deep Fringe antenna with a Channelmaster 3041DSB Amp & a remote rotator assembly. Gonna give it a shot in the attic. If that doesn't work, it'll go outside. Gotta try the attic thing first.

Anyone in the NE Indiana (Fort Wayne) or NW Ohio (Lima) area getting OTA? If so, can you pull in any of the channels from areas such as Toledo, Indy, Chicago, Dayton, or Columbus?

Thanks!

This is by far the best OTA station locator.

http://www.2150.com/broadcast/

First, you need your lat & long. of your location. See the link on page.
Then plug them in & desired miles of radius & you will get all stations & DTV numbers as well as affiliation.
Hint: do not use "+" for latitude but do use "-"for longitude but without the preceding zeros!

Here's a site that may help you guys out. Try www.antennaweb.org . You enter your address and it will give you a listing of all visible digital and analog OTA stations visible from your location, their azimuth from your house, and the size antenna needed to receive them.