OTA installation help with Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
I am installing an antenna in the attic and need to run to the dish reciever (722). I would eventually like to run it to another bedroom as well(722). I have a dish 1000 which runs to my basement into a dpp44 switch, then feeds back to the attic, then to each tv. The 722's are using dish seperators as well. What would be my best way to attack this? Thanks.

Best reception and performance is to use a seperate RG-6 cable from the antenna to receiver and place the antenna outside.

Antenna in the attic cuts signal approximately in half, splitter for 2 TV's cuts that in half again, so you are down 7-8dB from free air signal.

If signal is strong on all channels it will work.

If you can't run fresh RG-6 to both TV's, you can diplex the OTA signal into the sat cable AFTER the switch (DPP44 will not pass OTA frequencies). 1-2 dB loss with diplexing.

If OTA signal is weak, you may need to add a pre-amp, which must be powered from AC in house. Make sure OTA side of diplexer will pass current from power injector up to pre-amp near antenna.

Thats sucks that you loose so much. I knew that the attic cuts it in half, but I dont have a choice. I live about 28 - 32 miles from the stations. I bought a CM4228. I also heard you can buy 2 of these and somehow hook them together to increase reception.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)