OTA - Las Vegas Fox 5 - Does signal need to be 100%?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I set up an antenna, scanned for locals and got all of them on the list in the scan menu. All at 100% except for Fox 5 which was 75-80% but still said locked. Then I go to edit favorites menu but Fox 5 will not show up on the list for me to add it. I adjusted the antenna a bit and got Fox 5 at 100% but it still does not show up on the add to favorites list. I have no idea what that channel 006 - FOTV is. I'm stumped.

Attachments

• channel scan.jpg
    channel scan.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 201
  • favorites.jpg
    favorites.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 201
I set up an antenna, scanned for locals and got all of them on the list in the scan menu. All at 100% except for Fox 5 which was 75-80% but still said locked. Then I go to edit favorites menu but Fox 5 will not show up on the list for me to add it. I adjusted the antenna a bit and got Fox 5 at 100% but it still does not show up on the add to favorites list. I have no idea what that channel 006 - FOTV is. I'm stumped.
You should not need 100% signal strength for OTA. Have you tried entering the number (probably comes up as 005-1)?

Tried entering the channel number 0051 and it goes to the SD version of Fox 5 from the sat that shows in the list. Scrolled down the list and it goes from 08 CBS to 10 PBS. No channel 9 and no other KVVU on the list anywhere. This is frustrating. All other locals view and record perfect off of OTA with no pixelating. I really need that Fox 5 OTA so I can cancel locals off the sat.

Tried entering the channel number 0051 and it goes to the SD version of Fox 5 from the sat that shows in the list. Scrolled down the list and it goes from 08 CBS to 10 PBS. No channel 9 and no other KVVU on the list anywhere. This is frustrating. All other locals view and record perfect off of OTA with no pixelating. I really need that Fox 5 OTA so I can cancel locals off the sat.
Are you entering the number from the setting up favorite list screen you posted above? Or, as PP said, go to 'All Channels' and try.

Try switching off your favorites list and go back to the “all subscribed” list. Is the channel there?
Tried that. It's still not there. The only place it shows up is on the scan OTA page. After that it's nowhere to be found. Last night I connected the antenna directly to the TV and it was able to collect all locals including Fox 5 no problem so I believe this is definitely a HWS issue.

Are you entering the number from the setting up favorite list screen you posted above? Or, as PP said, go to 'All Channels' and try.
Yes, I entered 005-1 and it goes to the sat 005-0 SD that I do not have in my favorites list. There is no 005-1 or -2 and so on.

I think that channel 006 is screwing something up. Notice it's not on the list when I scan OTA but Fox 5 IS on that list. Then when I try to add it in my favorites list that 006 shows up where Fox 5 should be. Very odd.

Attachments

• Scan OTA.jpg
    Scan OTA.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 164
Well, reboot/rescan did not help. Contacted the "engineer" at Fox 5 Las Vegas. His response "The only thing I can say is that Dish does not carry our 2 SD sub-channels, only our HD 5.1". So he obviously doesn't understand this is an OTA issue. I'm sure it's a Hopper glitch but I've given up on how to fix it.

Well, reboot/rescan did not help. Contacted the "engineer" at Fox 5 Las Vegas. His response "The only thing I can say is that Dish does not carry our 2 SD sub-channels, only our HD 5.1". So he obviously doesn't understand this is an OTA issue. I'm sure it's a Hopper glitch but I've given up on how to fix it.
Have you checked your Locks settings (parental locks) to see if you have any channels locked? If 005-01, 005-02, and 005-03 are locked and hidden for some reason, that might explain why they don't show up in your guide or while setting your favorites list.

Good suggestion but no locks or hidden channels are set. No passwords either. I'm still thinking it has something to do with that channel 006 being on the favorites list but not on the scan OTA page.

Good suggestion but no locks or hidden channels are set. No passwords either. I'm still thinking it has something to do with that channel 006 being on the favorites list but not on the scan OTA page.
006-00 is not on the scan OTA page because it is a satellite-delivered channel. It does not actually broadcast on, or map to, that channel number OTA.

One other odd thing I noticed. Should there not be a "Save" or a "Done" button here? (pic)

Attachments

• save button.jpg
    save button.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 146

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)