OTA locals

Landon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I have the 322 duel receiver and want to be able to receive local channels via antenna in the attic. I was reading in my instruction manual that I need a tv distribution system to be able to get the signal on the tv2. My first tv is upstairs and we rarely watch tv at tv1 is the reason I want to get locals on tv2.
My newbee question is: What is a tv distribution system as mentioned in the manual? And with that how is it hooked up?

Distribution is used to send content from the 322, not receive it. The 322 in and of itself can't tune broadcast channels; neither analog nor digital.

You can combine the distribution output with the antenna using a splitter (installed "backwards" and called a "combiner").

After February 17th, you'll need TVs with digital tuners.

Do you mean that you have the DTV converter box to convert from digital OTA to analog?

Do you have any other devices in between your 322 and your TVs (VCR, DVDR)?

Do you mean that you have the DTV converter box to convert from digital OTA to analog?

Do you have any other devices in between your 322 and your TVs (VCR, DVDR)?

Yes I have the dtv converter box but it is not hooked up to anything yet. Just trying to find out what I need to do.

No there is nothing else between the 322 and either tv's.

I just ran into this issue myself. It sounds like if the 322 is anything like the 722, the issue is that the OTA tuner is only 'visible' by TV1.

The solution, I think, is that TV2 will have to have rabbit ears + converter box hooked up in addition to my satellite signal. They make converter boxes with a 'passthrough' option so I think I could then switch between satellite and rabbit ears.

But now TV2 has 3 remotes to operate it. ;)

Why involve your satellite system at all? Sounds to me like the easy solution is to run coax from your antenna to the TV you want to watch locals on, use your Digital converter box to hook directly to that TV via another input.

I agree keep it separate, connect the TV2 feed from the 322 to the RF input on the secondary TV and connect the antenna feed directly to the converter box and connect the converter box to the composite (yellow video) input.

I just ran into this issue myself. It sounds like if the 322 is anything like the 722, the issue is that the OTA tuner is only 'visible' by TV1.

The 322 does not offer an OTA tuner but has the TV2 output like the 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts