OTA module...adding & deleting channels

eddwall

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
I have a OTA module on one of my hoppers (S244). I got the module when they first came out. No problem installing and deleting or adding channels at first. Or should I say on a earlier software.

Recently l heard about some new channels, so I performed a "scan" to find them. Now it appears that I cannot add or delete certain channels. It is ALL or NOTHING, and there is alot channels that I don't want. I live in the Houston area and we get around 70+ OTA channels.

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue.

Thanks

It's been all or nothing on the Hopper since the very beginning. Ability to add single channels is a future item.....

I was sure when I 1st installed my OTA module that I could delete individual channels. With one of the SW upgrades after that you can not delete individual channels. Two steps forward, 1 step back with some upgrades.

Yeah, all we get when attempting to add just one channel is the "Feature coming soon" pop-up. This feature exists on the ViP's. We can only hope Dish provides this feature "soon".

On Hopper, manually adding channels has not been added yet. You were able to delete channels (that were found by scanning) individually up until S244. S244 broke that and the OTA signal strength meter in the diagnostics menu.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

One thing that has stayed the same since the ota tuner has come out , is that you can NOT make any changes to your ota menu without it making all your existing timers not work any longer. You have to go back and delete the old timers and re-create new ones. I liked the way the ota menu worked on the 722k and 211k. I wish that they could make the hopper ota tuner and menus work the same.

One thing that has stayed the same since the ota tuner has come out , is that you can NOT make any changes to your ota menu without it making all your existing timers not work any longer. You have to go back and delete the old timers and re-create new ones. I liked the way the ota menu worked on the 722k and 211k. I wish that they could make the hopper ota tuner and menus work the same.
Not so here. Rescanned this weekend (Saturday). No timers were effected. Several Sunday night OTA timers, and have been watching several today.

Not so here. Rescanned this weekend (Saturday). No timers were effected. Several Sunday night OTA timers, and have been watching several today.

That is weird Kab. I just went in my menu and changed the name of one of my ota channels and all timers disappeared in my schedule. Same when I re-scanned for new ota channels - all timers stopped firing and disappeared from the schedule. This has always worked like that on both of my hoppers since we got the ota modules.

That is weird Kab. I just went in my menu and changed the name of one of my ota channels and all timers disappeared in my schedule. Same when I re-scanned for new ota channels - all timers stopped firing and disappeared from the schedule. This has always worked like that on both of my hoppers since we got the ota modules.

Maybe you're on a different software load than KAB is... ;)

UPDATE:

Received S246 last night, and signal meter is back and the ability to delete channels has returned.

Thanks DISH ...
That was quick

Beats me! Thought...are you deleting all channels before rescan? I did not.

Beats me! Thought...are you deleting all channels before rescan? I did not.

NO. I just got S246 today. Maybe I can check again later and see if it works now. Just checked and it still renders all my timers null and void. I will have to now recreate all of them again. DAMN!

I was sure when I 1st installed my OTA module that I could delete individual channels. With one of the SW upgrades after that you can not delete individual channels. Two steps forward, 1 step back with some upgrades.

S311 once again allows deleting individual channels, not able to add individual channels yet.

At least we got half the pie.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)