Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am proud to announce that NELSON61 has worked with DIGIBLUR to fix the UNKNOWN TID issue we have been having with our Uplink Reports and on TheList! IN addition NELSON61 has worked hard to create new spotbeam maps for these transponders using data from the FCC and he has worked with QWERT1515 to get these new spot beam maps in place!

So now I am happy to report that the Uplink Report and the DISH Network listings in THELIST are now fully working again!

Working on the Uplink software was no easy task, as it was written for us in BASIC and a number of other languages by John H who unfortunately passed away a few years ago. Going through John's uncommented code and finding issues is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Please help me thank Nelson61 and the rest of the guys for working together to make this possible!

WTG Nelson61 and Digiblur! Kudos!

Did ANY of my work prove useful? :D

BASIC is a fatal disease. Let us hope it is not contagious!

Thank you for the work, especially a willingness to go thru such code.

Hear hear. Kudos to nelson61, digiblur, and qwert1515. Your hard work is GREATLY appreciated.

Edited to add: the Harrisburg, PA market is still stuck onto the Washington DC market page. (The reverse is not true; Harrisburg, PA market is listed all by itself as it should be.)

Thanks gentlemen!!

Now, if Dish could just generate some much sought after activity to populate the improved uplink report, we'd be all set.... ;)

Hear hear. Kudos to nelson61, digiblur, and qwert1515. Your hard work is GREATLY appreciated.

Edited to add: the Harrisburg, PA market is still stuck onto the Washington DC market page. (The reverse is not true; Harrisburg, PA market is listed all by itself as it should be.)

I'll try to find out what is going on. With the number of changes, I would also expect some other problems to pop up.

It looks like DC and Harrisburg are on the same Spot Beam and Harrisburg is on Transponder 30 while DC is on 18,20, and 30. This would mean that the Harrisburg stations can be viewed in the DC market but the other DC stations can not be viewed in the Harrisburg market. This would explain what you are seeing.

Thank you for the hard work that you guys had to do to figure out the Spot beams!!!!

At first thought I could get the Philly locals but no the Spot beam is the Boston locals.

When I had Directv I could get them no trouble in Rhode Island I could even get Baltimore also. But I guess they beams are different then Dishes I guess they covered a smaller area.

Thank again for decoding this for everyone!!!

Great work guys!! Going through someone else's code is for sure a pain in the butt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts