OTA Module Gone Bad?

txcruiser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
Today while attempting to change to a local station my stb locked up.
So I rebooted (holding in power button for 5 or so seconds).
My satellite channels are fine after the reboot but the minute I try switching to the locals either directly by keying in the channel or thru the program guide the stb freezes. I think I have now rebooted about 5 times hoping for a miracle but unfortunately I'm getting the same results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

What do you mean by "freezes"? Does the picture freeze, or does the box lock up, so you can't change channels any longer?
First of all, make sure to check and tighten all connections, including the power-inserter, if you have one.

I'm not sure what has happened since last night but I'm having new problems too. I did notice that my lost audio problems when changing channels is gone. Just when I was getting happy about that, I have lost 2 of my OTA channels. I checked the antenna and it hasn't moved. All my OTA channels used to come in very well. But all I get on those channels is a black screen with the no signal message. I really hope this isn't another one of those things where Voom fixed one problem but created another problem. I don't want to be without those 2 stations for 2 or 3 months until Voom figures out a fix.

ram1220 said:
I'm not sure what has happened since last night but I'm having new problems too. I did notice that my lost audio problems when changing channels is gone. Just when I was getting happy about that, I have lost 2 of my OTA channels. I checked the antenna and it hasn't moved. All my OTA channels used to come in very well. But all I get on those channels is a black screen with the no signal message. I really hope this isn't another one of those things where Voom fixed one problem but created another problem. I don't want to be without those 2 stations for 2 or 3 months until Voom figures out a fix.

I would check the ota signal quality and strength on those two channels. Please post them.

Well I finally got my stb working again on the locals... It must have been a loose connection somewhere. I swapped it out with my other stb and it worked fine so I put it back and it's now working fine. It's nice to have second receiver when trying to figure out these type of issues.

Personal gripe...I hate rebooting these boxes, it seems to take forever to get my program guide to reappear. I sure hope this improves with the next software update.

Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts