OTA Module Recording Question

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
First my situation is that I travel in an RV with a 722K, I use an tripod mounted .2EA dish and have both an EA and WA LNB assembly. When I want to watch and record locals at my location I have to contact Dish and change my service address. I don't mind doing this but not for just one or two nights. So my question is If I install an OTA module will I be able to locate and record the local channels without changing my DMA ? Will the local channel lineup appear in the program guide and be usable for scheduling? Will these functions work only if I set up my dish first?

Would be great if there were CONUS signals available to RVers with a waiver like there use to be.

If I install an OTA module will I be able to locate and record the local channels without changing my DMA ? Will the local channel lineup appear in the program guide and be usable for scheduling? Will these functions work only if I set up my dish first?

(1) YES

(2) Maybe, not all locals have guide info. Usually the big 4 networks DO have guide info

(3) Yes, you need satellite signal for ota guide info.

Reactions: Tampa8
You may need to scan ota in every time you change location, also the guide info does not immediately appear and when they do, you usually get just the current program and the next unless you force a download. On top of that, not all ota channels show info, just showing "Digital Service".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)