OTA Newbie--UTAH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fdmark42

Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Hi all. New to this site. Hoping for answers. I have a vacation home in St George Utah and do not want to waste a subscription on cable or Sat when I am there so infrequently. I do have a hd lcd tv there that I use for DVD's

My home is on a hill with a direct view of another hill with all the tv antenna's. It is approx 1 mile away. Do I need an outdoor ant. or would an indoor one surfice?

Thanks for the help.

You could probably use a paper clip if they are that close. Avoid an antenna with an amp, it would most likely overload the receiver and block reception.

I used to live in St George and know quite a bit about HD Over the Air there. A lot has improved the last couple of years. Most likely the Hill you see with all the Antennas is Webb Hill and has Digital Service on 12.1 (CBS) and 18.1, 18.2, 18.3 (PBS). There may be some small 100watt boosters on the hill, but most of the HD booster stations are west of town on Utah hill which requires a 20-30 mile distance antenna. If you private message me, I can give you specifics if I know where you have your vacation house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts