OTA on dish Hopper/Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Ok have had dish for 2 weeks now and I have to say I really do like it. I think the recivers are better then direcTV I had them for 9 years and made the switch like other have and went backto dish who I had 20 years ago. Ok now for the question when I set up the account with my local installer he priced out my account and I'm saving $50+ a month from what direcTV jacked up my rate to, when he came to install it have said Oh you have an OTA antenna I should have asked you when I set up the account I can save you an extra $12.00 a month I added local's into your programming. so I removed it from the account and I got the dish OTA adaptor I did the merge to the program guide all is well every once in a while it starts to buffer and say signal is lost?? shows the signal in yellow at 88% and says weak??? I have a splitter and it runs directly to my TV as well and the TV if I switch it to OTA the signal is fine and the picture is great.. I have an OTA adaptor from DirecTV and tried that as well and it does the same thing it just out of the blue starts to buffer and loose the signal... What gives? is that a normal characteristic of this set up? the OTA signal has been rock solid for years it's an omni antenna and I never have to touch it the other TV's in the house have a great signal going right into the back of the TV like my Main TV does. looking for Idea's

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok have had dish for 2 weeks now and I have to say I really do like it. I think the recivers are better then direcTV I had them for 9 years and made the switch like other have and went backto dish who I had 20 years ago. Ok now for the question when I set up the account with my local installer he priced out my account and I'm saving $50+ a month from what direcTV jacked up my rate to, when he came to install it have said Oh you have an OTA antenna I should have asked you when I set up the account I can save you an extra $12.00 a month I added local's into your programming. so I removed it from the account and I got the dish OTA adaptor I did the merge to the program guide all is well every once in a while it starts to buffer and say signal is lost?? shows the signal in yellow at 88% and says weak??? I have a splitter and it runs directly to my TV as well and the TV if I switch it to OTA the signal is fine and the picture is great.. I have an OTA adaptor from DirecTV and tried that as well and it does the same thing it just out of the blue starts to buffer and loose the signal... What gives? is that a normal characteristic of this set up? the OTA signal has been rock solid for years it's an omni antenna and I never have to touch it the other TV's in the house have a great signal going right into the back of the TV like my Main TV does. looking for Idea's
I think it's just gotta be a given that the TV Tuners built into the Hopper are just not that good. Mine does it, and others have posted the same thing on here

Reactions: DJ Lon
I think it's just gotta be a given that the TV Tuners built into the Hopper are just not that good. Mine does it, and others have posted the same thing on here
Agreed. I lose signal and the strength changes all the time with the OTA adapter. The only consistency I have is KAZT-CD which is always at 82% and KPHO-5 which is always at 100%. Apart from the VHF-hi stations (8, 10, 12), everyone else here is UHF and ranges from 95% to 74%...and if it rains, forget about the UHFs LOL

• Sad
Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)