OTA outdoor antenna advice

stilllearning

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Michigan
Hi. I will be cutting the cord after my satellite contract expires this fall. I would like to get an outdoor antenna that will give me as many channels as possible. Here is my TV Fool report: TV Fool I have a friend who lives in the same town has this antenna and says he gets 50 channels with it. Will this work OK or does someone have a better system in mind: AntennaCraft HDMS9100 Programmable Direction Memory Mini-State TV Antenna (HDMS9100) from Solid Signal Thanks for any input!

Visit with your friend and watch his 50 channels. From your TVfool report the yellow and green broadcast areas are very heavy on network channels which means prime time programming is going to be the same. What subchannels are being broadcast? I rescanned my channels this week and got almost 80 channels but I would probably only watch 10-15 of those. I've got 4 Spanish radio stations as subchannels many spanish channels, many religious channels a few shopping channels, you need to find out which stations are important for you to receive.

You know that antenna works where he lives so it will probably work at your house, personally I don't like omnidirectional antennas even if they can be steered electronically. I also think it is too expensive give us more information on you interests and you should get better answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)