OTA problem with 1 station

GregE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Prospect, KY
Hi all,

I have an OTA antenna in my attic connected to my 722. I like being able to record 3 shows at one time.

Recently, they broadcasted 4 new episodes of Eli Stone. I have that set to record over my OTA but it didn't record. I looked at the history and I can't remember the exact message but it basically said there was no signal.

I tuned in the station on my 722 and got the message saying it couldn't find a signal. I have the signal split so it also goes right to my TV and last night I tried it and the station came in fine. Any ideas why my 722 won't show it when it shows the other OTA stations?

Thanks

Perhaps the signal strength of that station is just below the cliff effect of digital broadcasts.

Splitting the signal cuts each branches strength in half.

Perhaps you need a Winegard HDP-269 pre-amp.

I'll try eliminating the split to start with and see what happens. It worked before but maybe something changed when the digital switch happened.

I haven't been in the attic yet to check teh positioning of the antenna because of the PITA it is to get up there. I checked other channels and all of my locals are pretty close to the same compass heading so I'm guessing it is ok. If removing the split doesn't help I will go up there.

I tried rescanning OTA signals last night and while it found the station in question, still no picture.

Thanks for the ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)