OTA problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bs2000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
When we had voom our antenna picked up locals just fine, we had direct hookup our antenna to our new system but when we go to view them none showup. Does any one know the problem? The antenna setup on our HDbox picks up the channels we should have but then it shows no signal.

does any one know how to fix this??? of the OTA is still hooked up to the power booster, idk if that makes a diffrence.

Did you go through the setup menu and configure your location etc in the antenna settings? It needs to go look for the channels before you can tune them in.

yes it picks up the correct station that i recieved from voom and throught my local sat, but when you click on the channel it is a black screen, i checked the signals and not a one showes up

bs2000 said:
yes it picks up the correct station that i recieved from voom and throught my local sat, but when you click on the channel it is a black screen, i checked the signals and not a one showes up

The same thing happened to me... the Voom Receiver had a built in diplexer at the receiver... the directv receiver doesnt... You need to diplexer the signal so your directv receiver will power your OTA antenna.

You need a diplexer at both ends basically. You will notice on the back of the D* receiver there is a separate coax plugin for ota antenna. The VOOM receiver had a diplexer that snapped on so 1 coax got split to 2 areas.(sat in, ant in)

I do have a duplexer that is 40-2150 MHz at each box, and down where the OTA comes into an AMP and then the sat guy has in run into line 4 on the Spliter or Duplexer that the sat comes into inorder to send it to the 4 diffrent rooms.

bs2000-
I think you may be confusing a diplexor with a multiswitch. The multiswitch takes inputs from the dish and allows them to be distributed to several TVs.

A diplexor accepts a satellite signal AND an antenna (or cable TV) signal, and feeds it into a single coax cable. At the other end, it gets split out again so you only need to run 1 line for 2 types of signals.

However, be careful if you use a diplexor because you may lose OTA signal strength. I had this setup and was seeing this. Once I dedicated the OTA line to a direct run to the receiver, I increased signal strength about 10-20% and it remains very strong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts