OTA problems in Miami after frances. Anyone else?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Ok the storm is gone and it seems like all channels except 10 have turned on their OTA digital feeds again.

The problems I have are with 4 and 33. They come in but are constantly freezing. I've checked the signal strength and they are both above 90. My antenna looks like it moved a few degrees during the storm but the signal strength I'm getting is the same as it was before the storm so i don't think this is the problem.

Can anyone else in Miami let me know if this is happening to them also? Just watch 4 and 33 for about two minutes each and it will freeze a couple of times if you are seeing the same problem I am.

I cant get 7 consistently, PBS and ABC are out, I was also able to get CBS from West Palm Beach with this MetroStar but they are still out. 33 I can get.

I'm getting them all except for ABC and PBS. My main issue is that I cant get one VOOM channel. There is a technician coming out on Thursday.

rasecane1 said:
I'm getting them all except for ABC and PBS. My main issue is that I cant get one VOOM channel. There is a technician coming out on Thursday.
Everything is back to normal as of this afternoon for All miami stations. I noticed the same problem yesterday but it's all up since then. 10-2 is back also.

My problem isn't that I can't get 4 and 33, but that they freeze constantly. I guess no one else is having this problem? With a signal strength of 90+, what could be causing it??

discodol said:
I still have no power so I am getting nothing, no cable, no satellite, no ota :(

so, how did you make this post? carrier pidgeon? :D Just kidding with you. Glad Florida Voomers are alive and well.

Work Has Power Of Course

Unfortunately where I work has power(of course) but my street is under a black cloud. I just got word that we have power at home now so I will see if voom is up when I get home. I feal sort of guilty fretting about having power and voom when so many others have to deal with not having roofs or houses etc. The rest of us should count our blessings!

Not for nothing but some people have a blast, with BBQs and crap when they have no power...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts