OTA question for a clueless person (me!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I picked up tv station in North Carolina once with perfect picture for about 15 minutes then it was gone. I was in Oklahoma, I guess it works like what we called skip in the old CB radio days. I'm using older DB8 antenna it works okay at best, would be better if mounted back on pole outside (30') but with a hip roof on my home running cable is not fun in the attic

OTA on the Hopper and Joeys work like this: Along with your antenna you need an OTA adapter from either DISH or AirTV (they are the same product just a different color and AirTV costs much less.) You attach the antenna coax to the OTA adapter and then plug the adapter into one of the Hopper's USB ports. Then on the Hopper you scan for channels and save them. This will bring those saved OYTA channels into you Hopper guide and you can watch them just like you would the satellite channels. The OTA channels will have a -1, -2, -3 (if there are sub-channels available) whereas your satellite locals will not. Example, say you have a channel 2 in you local area. The satellite channel would show as channel 2 and the OTA channels would show as 2-1, etc:

View attachment 149136

The Joeys would receive the channels the same way. You can watch the locals up to two channels at a time on any of your TVs.

Thanks. I’ve been looking for that info. Another question will ota locals record to the dvr? And I have the original airtv device. Is there anyway this can be tied into the hopper 3 (like with sling) without the adapter? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks. I’ve been looking for that info. Another question will ota locals record to the dvr? And I have the original airtv device. Is there anyway this can be tied into the hopper 3 (like with sling) without the adapter? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
They will record to the DVR just fine. Your AirTV device can't connect to the Hopper at all. You need the OTA adapter.

Another question will ota locals record to the dvr?
Hey Seaofblue; thanks to Bobby, Crodrules and others here, I started using airtv adapter. Half price at their website ($30). Either Dish ran out of theirs (to send you free when u complain about network disputes) or they want to sell them to you.
The limit is recording two stations at the same time. I attempted to record a third station. A message appeared "two is the limit"! As long as u get good signal from antenna, the recordings r great. I mostly record from metv for old shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)