OTA RECORDING PROBLEMS dish please fix

I still have good recordings on any ota channel using my work around. Since you can watch an ota channel without issue , set a timer for auto tune to the show right before the show you want to record and then it will tune to this channel and trick the hopper in thinking that you are watching the channel that you are recording , results in good recordings.
Unfortunately, this does not work for me, as I cannot even watch my OTA channels unblemished due to this "feature". Live or recorded, I get the screen & audio breakups every 4-5 seconds.

I don't have this happen on my ota channels( Uhf and Vhf )that are live , at all. I get about 100 % strength on just about all of them. The recordings I do make without my work around , have the pixelation and audio problems. As I have posted before. I have had all three hoppers since 2012. The recording for ota were screwed up like this on the original hopper 1 too. They were finally fixed around October of that year. I got my first hopper in May of that year and since I was a "mover" , I had to have ota for local news. I reactivated and used my old non subscribed 211k with an external hard drive to turn it into a dvr, while I awaited the software fix to come through. So I waited around 6 months for the ota original fix. I turned the 211k off again once the software fix came in for ota ,which was around October 12th ,according to the last time my 211k called out. I still keep the 211k plugged in to the satellite on a second satellite dish not connected to the hopper 3 and I use it to give power to my clip on ota antenna and diplex it for both ota and satellite . It even has ota guide data since they changed that recently. So this year I got the hopper 3 back in early July, so if history is any factor and it repeats itself, we have about 3 more months to wait for the fix. I hope anyway.

No disrespect, but spend $200 on equipment, almost $200 a month and then use a work-around? That is not how we do things where I am from. If I make a promise, I keep it. I always strive to be the best and expect the same from others. And if I make a mistake, I right it, Furthermore, because I can not delete weak channels and scan in stronger ones (from local repeaters), I can not watch several of the OTA networks. Some of those that I can, I have no guide information for, so it is far more difficult setting up recordings. Having said all that I will set up my channel master DVR to record OTA, because the Hoppet is just not there.
Welcome to the world of DISH and their frustrating, half way of doing ota guide information. At first they did provide ota guide information and even some of the sub channels ,but since about a year or two ago there has been a change in policy on sub channels. If they don't carry the ota channel up on the satellite ,they don't provide guide information ,at least they don't have to-according to them. I have many new sub channels that were added in the last couple of years like COMET and GRIT, MYTX and and we even have many sub channels of religious stations all without guide information. Before this change in policy , I worked with them and emailed echostar contacts to provide guide information for Metv, Cozi, Bounce, CW ,Tbn and it's sub channels , but no matter how many times I contact them now , they don't provide the guide data for the newer ones.

As for the money spent on the newest receiver, I have bought all my receivers with DISH going back 20 years come January of 2017. They always come out with features promised and not always working well and with software bugs and glitches. But usually after a year they get them all worked out and the receiver is functional ,even if some of the promised features don't always make it to fruition. The 922 dvr with built in sling was one that I spent a lot of money on and upgraded to more expensive broadband cable for internet features , all with the promise of having tv 2 in HD. Never happened and that feature was deleted and now if you try to get the 922 , it doesn't even do sling anymore. But the receiver supposedly works as it is supposed to now. It is discontinued and they aren't making them anymore, but it works. I gave up on this frustrating 922 dvr after the feature I waited for(-tv 2 in HD) never made it , I traded it back in for a purchased 722k that worked. Now that isn't saying that the hopper 3 won't eventually work well and with full ota recording features. They made it work on the first hopper , and the second one , so there is really no reason why they won't eventually get it to work on the hopper 3. If you have ever asked GOD to give you more patience in life, well you got your wish. Being a DISH sub who has the latest cutting edge receiver will make you learn it ,but good. But when you finally get the ota working on the hopper 3 and all the software bugs ironed out you will find it is worth it. I loved my hopper 2 with sling and it worked pretty flawlessly when I traded it in on the hopper 3. I'm sure by next spring,these problems will all be distant memories again. :wave

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts