OTA RECORDING PROBLEMS dish please fix

I said, I set up a auto tune timer not a recording. So I didn't watch the show right before the Lucy show. Besides it comes on around 5:00am so I am not up that early anyway. This is just a work around till something is fixed by DISH. I am only watching this one Lucy show by ota anyway right now and if it works then all is good.

Once again I'm glad it works for you. Most other people not so much.

Fair enough. ....... but what if he is right?
He won't be happy till DISH fixes it , so any work arounds I suggest fall on deaf ears . I have been testing DISH receivers going back 20 years next January and when I see a way around a problem ,especially for ota recordings, I suggest them on this site. If he doesn't want to try them that is fine.

The point I was making is that in my testing of the hopper 3 this last month , ota recordings work fine on an ota channel that I am viewing at the time I make the recordings. So setting up an auto tune timer to tune to the channel I want to record on later , sets up the hopper to view that channel on the screen ,whether I am watching or not. Then the recording works just like I was sitting in front of the show, making the recording as I view it. Not a permanent solution , but will work in my situation ,since I only watch one ota show now.:oldwink

This morning, I got a second Lucy show recording without issues using the auto tuner timer 30 minutes before the Lucy show starts. So far this work around is 2 for 2.:bigok
I am going to try a slight variation of your strategy, setting an auto-tune early each morning, even though my first OTA recording isn't until late in the evening. I don't want an auto-tune in the evening, so I will have to see whether the morning auto-tune still helps.

I am going to try a slight variation of your strategy, setting an auto-tune early each morning, even though my first OTA recording isn't until late in the evening. I don't want an auto-tune in the evening, so I will have to see whether the morning auto-tune still helps.
I think the key is that the hopper tune to the ota channel you want to record on within 30 minutes or less , then the recording is made like you are actually viewing the ota channel , whether you are watching or not. In my case it happens at 5:00am , when I am sleeping. I have had no problems recording ota shows , while I am viewing the channel itself. The problems start when you set timers up, while viewing other sat channels and the ota timer fires. Then you get audio drop outs and pixelation. But you can try and see if it works for you to do it in the morning and then see if it records later in the day and report back if it does. The more work arounds we can get till DISH fixes it the better.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think the key is that the hopper tune to the ota channel you want to record on within 30 minutes or less , then the recording is made like you are actually viewing the ota channel , whether you are watching or not. In my case it happens at 5:00am , when I am sleeping. I have had no problems recording ota shows , while I am viewing the channel itself. The problems start when you set timers up, while viewing other sat channels and the ota timer fires. Then you get audio drop outs and pixelation. But you can try and see if it works for you to do it in the morning and then see if it records later in the day and report back if it does. The more work arounds we can get till DISH fixes it the better.
Not to mention it may help dish figure out the issue if this actually works. Perhaps, if it works, someone should tell them

Reactions: D. Manley
I think there is an official website that you can do that. But I can't remember where it is now. Maybe Scott G. can repost the website or email for the ota problems again?

So setting up an auto tune timer to tune to the channel I want to record on later , sets up the hopper to view that channel on the screen ,whether I am watching or not. Then the recording works just like I was sitting in front of the show, making the recording as I view it.

I tried this last night on a couple of programs that were set to record this morning and it worked for me.

I say by the Fall ,(anywhere from September 21 through December 21) before it is fixed. The hopper 3 still has some minor quirky things to fix before they can even get to the ota problems, I am betting. That and the You tube app that was promised to be coming with the hopper 3. I personally think that the ota issues should be an easy fix . After all they have already dealt with these issues with Hopper 1 and hopper 2 , so it shouldn't be that hard to fix them with the hopper 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)