OTA RECORDING PROBLEMS dish please fix

Mine seemed to be working ok for a bit about a week ago. Havent really watched much this last week. Today I noticed all my OTA is cutting out yet again. Ughhh. Really wish they would get this fixed soon.

Reactions: jc1975
I looked back on my first hopper and it took till October of that year , before they got ota fixed on the first gen hopper in 2012. So I' m betting on this fall before we see it fixed if history is any indication.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tried something new today to see what would happen. Everyday the Lucy Show on METV comes on around 5:30am and it is set to record. Everyday it records with audio drop outs and pixelation. So I figured that since I can record shows on ota ,without issue while I am watching them , like Wonder Woman ,StarTrek, etc on Saturday nights, I would try to set up an auto tune timer for the show that comes on before the Lucy show at 5:00am. So that way the tuner would automatically be on the Metv channel when the timer fired. It worked. The Lucy Show recorded without any issues this morning. So from now on if you want a good recording set up an auto tuner timer for the show right before it ,to catch the show without the ota audio drop outs and pixelation.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tried something new today to see what would happen. Everyday the Lucy Show on METV comes on around 5:30am and it is set to record. Everyday it records with audio drop outs and pixelation. So I figured that since I can record shows on ota ,without issue while I am watching them , like Wonder Woman ,StarTrek, etc on Saturday nights, I would try to set up an auto tune timer for the show that comes on before the Lucy show at 5:00am. So that way the tuner would automatically be on the Metv channel when the timer fired. It worked. The Lucy Show recorded without any issues this morning. So from now on if you want a good recording set up an auto tuner timer for the show right before it ,to catch the show without the ota audio drop outs and pixelation.

That all sounds great Mike except for 2 things. First, what if you don't want to watch the show that comes on right before the show you want to record and second have you tried it numerous times to be sure it works all the time? I had 3 good OTA recordings yesterday and Saturday without any tricks so the only thing that I'm sure of with this problem is that it is very inconsistent.

Happy Fourth! :usa2

That all sounds great Mike except for 2 things. First, what if you don't want to watch the show that comes on right before the show you want to record and second have you tried it numerous times to be sure it works all the time? I had 3 good OTA recordings yesterday and Saturday without any tricks so the only thing that I'm sure of with this problem is that it is very inconsistent.

Inductive reasoning is unsound. :)

It can hold 999,999 times but if it fails on the 1,000,000 try OH WELL, wrong.

Reactions: JSheridan

I said, I set up a auto tune timer not a recording. So I didn't watch the show right before the Lucy show. Besides it comes on around 5:00am so I am not up that early anyway. This is just a work around till something is fixed by DISH. I am only watching this one Lucy show by ota anyway right now and if it works then all is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)