OTA/Sat Feed on TV2

maxbyrd

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Alabama
I know this has been covered numerous times but I have not seen an identical problem. I have combined OTA/Sat from my 622 to TV2 into one coax cable and hooked it up to a Panasonic HDTV with only one antennae connection and I am able to get all the local OTA/HD stations and the sat feed fine. Example 12-1(NBC) and channel 60(Dish) gets the sat feed. I have moved the Panasonic TV to another room replacing my Mits 55" DLP with a new 65" Mits DLP and moving the 55" to replace the Panasonic. The Mits 55 has Ant A & Ant B for analog signals and Ant DTV for digital connections. I connect the single coax to Ant A and I get the sat feed fine and the local analog stations are snowy. I connect to the Ant DTV and get the local HD stations with no problem but the sat feed on channel 60doesn't show at all. What do you suggest? Do I need to split the signal and if so how do I connect?

I think you just need to install a splitter and run one of the outputs to Ant A and one to Ant DTV. That way, the one on A will pick up the satellite (on 60), and the one on DTV will pick up your digital OTA stations.

Just a regular splitter or a signal/combiner/splitter or a diplexer? I believe I tried a regular splitter already and everything was snowy.

This was my first post and I must admit I am very disappointed in the lack of response to my question.

A splitter is what you need to create two inputs for your Mitsu. The fact the signal was snowy means there wasn't enough signal for the tuner to process. A 2way splitter delivers less than half the signal to each output a 4 way splitter delivers less than 1/4th the signal. You need to add a signal amplifier at the point where you combined the OTA and DISH (60) signal before line loss and splitter loss affects the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts