Status
Please reply by conversation.

z71tahoe193

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 10, 2004
Lubbock, TX
I have been trying to find out how to scan on my HD-tivo for months and im convinced i am retarded. It is no where to be found where direct tv claims it to be. i can test my signal strength but can not add new channels. I know the channels are broadcasting but when i tune to them on the HD-tivo it does not work but it does on my other hd tuner. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are your OTA channels digital? If not they will not be "seen".
I asked a very similar question and here is the answer I received.
"It won't work with analog OTA signals or cable, it only has DirecTV and ATSC tuners so it will only work with DirecTV and digital OTA signals."

Yeah they are ATSC. I am recieving my HD channels, but want to scan in more channels. Our local fox station broadcast upn on a subchannel and I would like to get this channel but the tivo only get the local channels that show up on the guide that directv sends from the satellite, and recently new digital channels have begun broadcasting. I can get there signal when i test signal strength, i can just not tune to them.

To scan for new OTA channels on a hd tivo press the Directv button (top center on your remote). From the main menu choose Messages & Setup. On the next menu choose Settings. On the next menu choose Channels. On the next menu choose Off-Air Channels. On the next menu choose Scan For Off-AIR Channels. Thats it your done. All new channels will be found.

Status
Please reply by conversation.