OTA scan

cidbozek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
just wondering if anyone had idea about this, i live in upstate ny and get my locals from syracuse,which is about 20 miles to the east.my antenna is pointing at 98 degrees.i pick up all my locals but wb and fox which is at 111 degrees.but the other day i did a rescan and boom about 12 new stations from rochester 60 miles and 6 channels from buffalo 100 miles to the west. i watched a few minutes of each channel it was sweet, but then later that day my box locked up and i had to do a hard reboot. all the channels were gone.how do i get them back? i did a rescan and got back only the syracuse locals. how did i get them in the first place since my antenna is pointing the other way? the pq was great on the hd broadcast also.any ideas?

Are those channels in low power? It looks like you were able to get them because you had a signal the first time you scan them. I have a rotor and easier for me to add channels from another direction. You can

1 - Wait until you get lucky once more and do a re-scan. But that will not be fun.

2 - rotate your antenna temporarily to where the OTA tower is and do the rescan. Save the OTA channels and then try to see if you can find a position where you can watch channels from both direction. That may or may not work depending how sensitive the signal on the channels are. Sometimes you find that the slightest position on the antenna makes a huge difference (especially for low power channel).

I read over and over about channel scan, but how do you do it? I have looked for an explanation, but have not found it yet. It would seem like everybody should know the procedure, but I don't. Please point me in the right direction.

TIA

press the voom button and then the green button 2 times,goto installer menu,then install wizard, then scan for ota channels

cidbozek said:
press the voom button and then the green button 2 times,goto installer menu,then install wizard, then scan for ota channels

I pressed the Voom button and then the green button 2 times which brings me to Options & Settings.
There my choices are Quick Settings, Program Planner, Favorites, Parental Controls, and Local Channels. Can't find the installer menu.

click the green button once you are here and you will see another menu where you can find the installer menu.

The actual sequence is VOOM button ----> Green Button ----> Green Button--->

Sean Mota said:
click the green button once you are here and you will see another menu where you can find the installer menu.

The actual sequence is VOOM button ----> Green Button ----> Green Button--->

Not to be particularly dense about this, but clicking the green button the second time gets me a screen that says "Warning! Contains settings that affect system operation. Use caution when modifying." Then it switches to a screen that says "Parental Control" and to enter the four-digit PIN.
I do not see an installer menu.

elocs said:
Not to be particularly dense about this, but clicking the green button the second time gets me a screen that says "Warning! Contains settings that affect system operation. Use caution when modifying." Then it switches to a screen that says "Parental Control" and to enter the four-digit PIN.
I do not see an installer menu.
Just enter your Pin code and you will get there. ;)
If you forgot or do not know your PIN code, try "0000" or call VOOM to reset it.

Ilya said:
Just enter your Pin code and you will get there. ;)
If you forgot or do not know your PIN code, try "0000" or call VOOM to reset it.

It just occurred to me that I might need a PIN, but as far as I know I have never had one, but pressing 0000 did get me there. Thanks.

elocs said:
...pressing 0000 did get me there. Thanks.
Now that you know your pin code, you can remove it altogether if you don't need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)